What support do we have for you as a parent of a child with a special educational need?
- The class teacher is regularly available to discuss your child’s progress or any concerns you may have and to share information about what is working well at home and school so similar strategies can be used.
- The headteacher, SENDCO and Assistant SENDCO are available to meet with you to discuss your child’s progress or any concerns/worries you may have and to signpost you in the direction of external support agencies if necessary
- All information from outside professionals will be discussed with you with the person involved directly, or where this is not possible, in a report.
- Share and Learn homework can be adjusted as needed to your child’s individual needs.
- A home/school contact book may be used to support communication with you, when this has been agreed to be useful for you and your child.
- If you need support with your child at home, the headteacher or Assistant SENDCO will be able to signpost you to possible external support. It may be that we can write a referral for 'Early Help', so that support can be planned to meet the needs of you and your child involving a wider range of services and professionals should parents feel that this would be beneficial.
- Regular Parent Coffee Mornings offer parents opportunities to discuss concerns in an informal setting.